Saturday 12 November 2011

Thursday 08 Jul 2010 20:03
I spent the day focussed on work - partially because I'd a load to sort before I left, but also because every time I nipped outside for a fag, my stomach contorted itself into knots. Whether it's with nervousness or excitement, I can't tell. It's no doubt a bit of both - the best way I can describe it is that it feels like I am on my way to an interview for my dream job; the one that will not only set me up for life, but the one that will let me finally pursue my lifelong ambition. Not only that, a job I know I can do well at.
It's the disturbing combination of not daring to imagine how amazing things will be if it works out, but the nagging thought at the back of my mind of how shit it will be if it doesn't.
No matter. The time for painful self-analysis is over. It's all us, the kangoo, the road and the experience of a lifetime now. The most important decision I have to make in the next 36 hours is whether we should sacrifice a few hundred miles right at the start of the rally so we can stay in Holland for the World Cup Final on Sunday.
The future's bright.....

No comments:

Post a Comment